Thursday, October 22, 2009

No zoo for you!

It's my day off. My day off is usually on Wednesday, but it is Thursday this week because I had volunteered to go to the zoo with Jack's 2nd grade class for a field trip. I chaperoned this same field trip for A.J. in the past, and I was excited to do it again for Jack.

But it was drizzling all day yesterday. In fact, A.J.'s class had a field trip yesterday (no chaperones allowed, however) to a farm, and it was canceled then. And by early evening last night, it was raining.

And it hasn't stopped.

I charged my battery packs, cleared my memory cards, and made sure sack lunches were ready last night. I was up, getting ready, when the phone rang this morning. It was Jack's teacher, Miss Wiebers, informing us that the field trip was canceled due to the excessive rain.

Darn, darn, darn!

I hope it's rescheduled soon, but I'm not overly optimistic. A.J.'s class went on this trip in late September, and it's already late October. The way I figure it, they probably will try to reschedule the field trip for next spring. That makes me just as sad, because then Jack will miss it entirely. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment