Sunday, March 22, 2009

I never use this icon anymore.

I just pulled a Devil's Food cake out of the oven. I already made homemade Buttercream frosting for it, and I will frost it as soon as it cools. I've been craving this combo for weeks now, and it will be dessert for tonight.

In other news, I called Philip around noon, and this conversation followed:

Me: Hey, have you eaten your lunch yet?
Him: Yep, why?
Me: Well, I was just wondering if you could bring your lunch dishes home?
Him: Right now??
Me: Yes. Because I just unloaded the dishwasher from last night, and I'm doing another load right now with lunch and cake dishes, and I want to put your leftover dishes in there.
Him: (laughs) Hmmm.
Me: Because making fried chicken for supper makes a LOT of dishes in itself.
Him: (laughs more) I see.
Me: So... yes?
Him: I'd love to, but... I can't. I wish I could for you.
Me: (sighs because I knew that before I called, but I wanted to call anyway) Yeah, I know.
Him: (smiling in his voice) Sorry, honey!
Me: Well, since you're no help at all, I'm gonna finish up this load and get it washing then.
Him: Okey doke.
Me: I'll talk to you later. Love you!
Him: Love you too.
*click*


He emailed me (just as randomly as I originally called him) a few minutes ago to tell me how happy he had been to hear my voice today and how beautiful I looked last night (I wore a jammie that he picked out and that I hadn't worn in many months). I emailed him back, asking if he would be interested in "cake" tonight as well.

He emailed back an enthusiastic reply (*such* a guy!), and he also requested chocolate syrup with his "cake."

Goodness. *shakes head* I think we're in for a sticky night, but he promises he'll clean it all up. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment