Saturday, July 18, 2009

An afternoon away.

I am so in love with this new song. Truly.

Today was a happy day. My friend Liz called me just after 1pm. Her husband had taken the kids to the zoo, and she was up for chatting. Chatting turned into a discussion of tatting, and then the discussion turned into an excursion to get more supplies for my vacation tatting projects.

We stopped by Runza to get a reimbursement check I was due, and then to the bank, and then we set out for our impromptu afternoon. We lunched late at Qdoba (a first for both of us) and enjoyed the best burritos either of us had ever had, and then we shared a brownie. Next, we drove to Mangelson's, where we both stocked up on nifty thread colors we can't usually find. Leaving, she spotted a Bernina sewing store in the same plaza, so we popped in for her to pick up a few more bobbins and needles. Then we headed down to Hobby Lobby for more shuttles and even more thread for me (I was looking for a very specific teeny thread). I also found a tatting book, and I bought it straight-away. (In my experience, tatting finds are so very rare that I've learned not to walk away from them for a "next time.") Liz found a new basket must-have for her thread collection, and then we called it quits - we put locks on our wallets!

We returned home just after 6pm, too. Who knew that a phonecall would turn into all of that?! I began one project within half an hour of walking in the door, and Philip and I quasi-watched a TV show while I worked on it. (I was propped up on the pillows, and he was propped up on me.)

I have a VERY long, very tedious, very difficult tatting project "idea" milling about in my head. I sketched out some pieces of it last night, and I showed it to Liz. Of course, she's my tatting cheerleader and somehow thinks that I can do just about anything, despite my efforts to explain to her my very basic skills. So... we'll see if that "idea" ends up turning into a real project, or if it'll just stay in my head for years to come - eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment