Friday, May 15, 2009

Playing with our food.

Last night's dinner was about food play. I crushed up walnuts and cereal, then rolled chicken fingers into the mixture for the main dish. And we all had a TON of fun with dessert - Dirt Pudding!

Nutty Chicken Fingers Dirt Pudding!
Nutty Chicken Fingers and Dirt Pudding.



Mmmm, gummy worms.
Mmmmm, gummy worms. :-)


After eating his dinner, Jack wanted me to take a picture of him next to the pudding. So I did. And he was a goofball, making a funny face. Gah, but he looks SO DIFFERENT with all this longer hair now!

Jack wanted me to take his picture with the pudding. He sneaks a worm from the dirt... Yum.


It was so very yum, all of it. I paired the Nutty Chicken Fingers with fresh tomato slices, green beans, and cottage cheese, and everyone gobbled it up. Then the dessert - oh my, was it rich! But so wonderful! It's been YEARS since I've had dirt pudding, and I'm not sure I'd ever made it myself before! :-)

The dish was so full that the "dirt" fell everywhere when I dipped Jack's serving.
The dish was so full that the "dirt" fell everywhere when I tried to dip a serving for Jack.


In case you can't tell, I'm having a great time with meal planning lately. :-D

2 comments:

  1. Well you've inspired us to make a menu for the week - I haven't really done a lot of that since Dave's been gone! Thanks for the inspiration. And the dirt pudding was GREAT! I didn't even know I was craving chocolate - I SO was :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! And girl, I crave chocolate almost ALL the time - I can never turn it away! Lately, however, my craving has been dry cereal - no clue why. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete