Sunday, May 10, 2009

A real-life internet story.

Yesterday we were trying a new recipe. Lasagna made from scratch, but in the slow-cooker instead of the oven. All afternoon while it baked, I worried about whether the top layer of noodles would really get soft or not. Philip and I were discussing the probabilities of this, but I was in the kitchen, and he was in the living room.

Even as I was taking the lid off the dish, I was explaining why I thought certain little "points" of noodles might not be. Then I paused, realizing that he wasn't seeing what I was, and that he wasn't going to understand what I meant (or, truth be told, even be interested... because, really? What guy cares about the way in which his lasagna cooks, only that it is cooked, right?). But I stood there for just a moment, and then I said:

"Why don't you come in and look at this? 'Cuz this conversation is useless without pictures."

And we laughed together. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment