Saturday, August 22, 2009

MCR = FTW!

Once again, Coca-Cola Rewards are awesome, and I'm so appreciative of all the folks who contribute to our collecting!

Last week, I was entering a Sprite® code. Now, I have no way of knowing whether that particular cap is from a bottle we drank, from my neighbor, or from a kind soul that [info]mostcurious might know (ll codes that are currently in my 'to-be-entered' stash), but I entered it just the same.

And won an instant prize - a $50 online VISA gift card!

I had held onto this prize for a little while, wondering how best to use it. The only caveat with a prize gift card is that when you use it online, you have to be very careful not to go over the amount ($50), or the transaction will be declined. So I pondered it and kept it stashed.

Last weekend, I cleaned out Jack's closet, removing a 28-gallon tub of clothes he had outgrown and giving it away. It took hours for him to try on every stitch of clothing, and I wasn't able to then do the same cleaning-out ritual with A.J. in his room before bedtime. But we worked on it for a few hours today, and we got his closets squared away as well. I had been back-to-school shopping two weekends ago, and I had bought almost three times as many clothes for A.J. as Jack (because they are both August babes, and Jack is able to wear all of A.J.'s hand-me-downs in the appropriate seasons), but even still - once his closet was cleaned out of too-small clothes, he was left with a gap in his fall/winter selection.

11 long-sleeved shirts/hoodies, as well as one dressier sweater (for church or school concerts)... and that's it - yikes! He was also very sad about having to pass on some of his beloved shirts, but I promised him that we would go shopping soon just for him, to 'beef up' his warmer gear.

*enter online VISA gift card*

Just a bit ago, in decluttering my desk, I had an idea: why not use the card for a few more shirts for A.J.? So I went online, did some shopping, and in about five days, A.J. will now have a box arriving with five more shirts (three henleys & two hoodies). And the total transaction was $46.92 - not too shabby!

I don't feel bad about wasting/losing that little bit online, and A.J.'s closet will be in better shape. WIN!

ETA: Even better, I just used up a bit more on LJ Virtual Gifts. Now I can toss the paper, knowing that I'm only missing out on 13 cents from the original $50. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment