Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Mustache Men.

We babysat Catherine and John on Friday evening for a little. When Heather and Shane came to pick them up, we gathered up their belongings, said our goodbyes, and off they went to load up in their car. At that exact same time, Philip had stopped by the house on his security patrol, and after popping inside, he walked to the front door and asked me, "Why is there a mustache on the ceiling?"

...

... excuse me?!

...

I'm sure my bewildered look instantly told him that I didn't have the faintest idea what he was talking about, so he led me into the dining room, pointing up at the jamb between that room and the kitchen. First, I almost jumped - it looked like there was a gigantic black caterpillar hanging above my head. But Philip reached up and pulled the sticky mustache off, and then we walked to the door and out to the driveway just in time to catch Heather and Shane as they were about to leave. Philip yelled, "Shane, you forgot your mustache!" and the two of them began laughing. I guess Shane had hidden it, and was curious to see how long it might take us to find. (If it had been just me, probably a loooooong time!)

And then the boys wanted to play with it for a while, each modeling the new mustache. It was hilarious, and I had to take a few pictures. :-D


Mustache Men - A.J.

Mustache Men - Philip Mustache Men - Jack
The Mustache Men.


Later, on A.J.'s way to bed, he kissed me goodnight, then piped up, "Oh, Mom, I put your Coke in the office on the desk for you, too." We'd all been watching the Disney channel together in the living room, but I usually do get on the computer once they're in bed and Philip's gone, so it was a kind, thoughtful move on his part. I put him to bed, followed by Jack, and then I got comfy in my office chair. Probably ten minutes later, I reached over for my can of Coke...

... AND JUMPED AND SCREAMED! That little twerp, he had wrapped the fuzzy mustache around my can, and I hadn't noticed! He came running from his bedroom, and I was laughing by then. I explained that he had gotten me GOOD, and then he was laughing so hard he was on all fours! He said Jack had known about the prank too, but by that time, Jack was far into snooze-ville already.

Oh, that mustache. :-}

No comments:

Post a Comment